Thursday, August 6, 2009

Continuation of Why?????

Ok, so we wake up on Thursday morning and start our driving. I decided to call and check in with my dad who was supposed to be heading out on the road today as well. When I call him, he sounds terribly sick on the phone and tells me he is going to the hospital because he thinks he has pneumonia.

"great" i say, you can't drive yourself there, (after hearing his symptoms) so I call Joe and Ashley to bring him to the hospital, because of course he hasn't told anyone about his ailments.
It turns out the Dad gets admitted to the ICU for DKA and possible pnumonia, with poor kidney function and who knows what else is going on in his lungs.
Now keep in mind, I am now 700miles away from home. What do I do? nobody really has that answer.
Where do I go from here, do I turn around and cancel the trip only to get home in two days and find my dad well and ready to go on "vacation" or do I continue on and wait for him and the rest of the family to join us in yellowstone when he is "better"......so somehow, we decided to keep driving west.
Now I am in Rawlins Wyoming and all I can do is PRAY!!!!
While we were driving through the last 100 miles of Wyoming, we drove through the most amazing weather in the mountains that I have ever seen. It was incredible, crazy lightning, sun shining , double rainbows, total down pour of rain so that you couldn't even see where you were going. Then the sun was shining so bright and the reflection of the sun off of the pavement was blinding. And then there was the mountains, oh how I love the mountains. God is so good, He has provided for us in ways I can't even understand but Why this????? That is all I can say, Why this, Why now? why my dad? why ?

No comments:

Post a Comment