Friday, September 4, 2009

Still haven't figured it out

We decided to turn around from our "vacation" to come home to be with my dad. He was sooooo sick, it wasn't even funny. We drove 1200 miles west only to turn around and drive 1200 miles home. We drove 2400 miles total in 4 days. We arrived home on Saturday night, got the kids settled into bed and half unpacked the van. I then headed to hospital to see my dad and figure out what was going on with him. When I arrive in his room in the ICU he says" so I'm having surgery in the morning". I had spoken with the Pulmonologist earlier in the day and he informed me that my dad had several "empyema' in his left lung which is basically a pocket of infection in his lung. The only way to fix this horrible condition that he is in is to operate and remove all of the infection. They determined that it needed to be done quickly and that it couldn't wait until Monday since his condition was worsening.
During the time I spent in the van driving home, I had a lot of time to think. I am so thankful that Jesus loves me, if He didn't I know there is no way I could have gotten through this. I still don't understand why, but I do know that He knows why and that is all that matters.
To date, dad made it through his surgery to "clean out his lung" and is doing well. He is pretty messed up in general, now taking more than 15 pills a day with too many problems to list, but he was released from the hospital on the 25th of August and is staying with us at our house in the meantime so that I can nurse him back to health.
I have a long road ahead of me with him, but I will keep praying that God knows why He is using me in this way and that He knows what I am supposed to learn through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment